Gift Guide for Surfers
You want to get the surfer in your life something that shows you are paying attention. We've put together a few ideas to help you navigate the world of surf gifts.
1. Custom Board If you want to go all out this is it. Your surfer will be able to tell a shaper exactly what he/she wants in a surfboard and it will be made just for them. Nobody else will have the same board. This is super thoughtful and you could probably have the shaper include a message on the board. Call or visit your local shaper (call your local surf shop if you have trouble finding someone) and explain this is what you want to do. They will most likely give you a quote and you can go from there. It can be really expensive or it may surprise you. A custom board isn't always breaking the bank. Expect to pay $500-$1000+
2. Surfboard Bag
This is the most important item to have for surfing after an actual surfboard. Surfboards are fragile and get "dinged" very easy on trips to and from the surf. One little knock on a doorframe, wall, car door or an accidental drop and that could be the beginning of the end for a surfboard. A day bag surfboard sock is an easy protective cover to protect it from the inevitable ding. There are many different styles to choose from. Expect to pay $60-$150 Westpath.com
has free shipping and will even put a handwritten gift note inside if you ask them.
3. No Slick Sticks
Surfers are constantly buying wax or bumming it off each other. It is the one thing that keeps a surfer on the board. Buy them as much as you can. They will be forever happy. Our favorites are Sticky Bumps, Mrs. Palmers and Sex Wax.
Expect to pay $1-$4
4. Surfers Pee in Wetsuits
Not everyone but most everyone does. And odds are your surfer does too. Don't ask them, they will probably say no. But even if they don't, wetsuits need a proper cleaning to extend their life. We like M Essential wetsuit cleaner
. Expect to pay $9-$12
5. A Beginners Surf Story "Kook" a true story of a 45-year-old man and his friend when they decide to take up surfing. Diving into the subculture of surfing as an adult lends itself to humor and a lot of awkward moments. Beginner or expert, any surfer can relate to this book.
Kook: What Surfing Taught Me About Love, Life, and Catching the Perfect Wave
6. A Pulitzer Prize Surf Story I personally just read this and am speechless. These guys say it best. "Reading this guy on the subject of waves and water is like reading Hemingway on bullfighting; William Burroughs on controlled substances; Updike on adultery. . . . a coming-of-age story, seen through the gloss resin coat of a surfboard.” —Sports Illustrated Barbarian Days: A Surfing Life
7. The Surf Poncho This will keep your surfer warm, cozy and covered while changing before and after a session. No more trying to navigate a towel around the waist (and armpits for the ladies). Designed for men and women of all heights. We know of surfers who will wear it home because it's that comfortable. And bonus, super affordable. Expect to pay $40-$60
8. Surf Grass Mat Cold feet and cold ground do not go together. After a session, it is a little luxury to be able to do all your business standing on a cozy grass matt. It is super soft, keeps the sand off your feet and out of your car. Expect to pay $45-$55
9. Soft Car Blanket A cozy blanket post surf session? Yes, please. These blankets are for everything from yoga to camping to just being there for you in your car when you need them. The Baja blankets are a bit thicker and warmer. Shop Collection. Expect to pay $20-$40
Article by Shawna Baruh
For other gift ideas you may not find on pinterest please view this other list of gifts from daily deals coupons here.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.